Effective Date: September 20, 2021
mdla is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
“App” refers to the MDLA Runway downloadable mobile application owned and operated by MDLA. References to the “App” include any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through such application.
“MDLA,” “we,” or “us” refer to MDLA, Inc and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents. [To the extent applicable, they also refer to our affiliates, service providers and licensors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents.]
“Users” means any and all persons that access or use the App. References to “access” and/or “use” of the App (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the App.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, medical information, or financial information. Please do not provide this information to us through e-mails, feedback forms or in any other way unless specifically requested.
Information Generated from Use of the App
We also collect certain technical information when you access, browse and use our App, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform on our server logs. This technical information helps us operate and provide our App to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our App, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
- information about your visits to the App, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the App, including dates and times;
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our App (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- page response times and download errors.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our App or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”).
Other data derived from your use of the App is treated as "Non-Personally Identifiable Information," unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- create and manage your account;
- provide the App to you;
- operate our App, including access management, App administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- send you information that enables you to use our App;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- provide you access to, and updates regarding the App and other related offers via text message;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our App;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our App, including secured areas of the App;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from that may interest you; and
- administer your participation in such products, services, and promotions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to: deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use App, and present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our App with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party's own direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud and providing credit risk reduction;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of MDLA, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
Notice to California Residents / Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code permits California residents to request that we not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact [email@example.com] to request information regarding how we share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and/or to request that such information not be shared with third parties for such purposes.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our App;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers about the use of various aspects of the App; and
- with other Users or prospective Users of the App.
COOKIES AND BEACONS
To learn more about cookies, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our App. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our App. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our App may not work properly if we are not able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Do Not Track
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our App does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the App operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our App respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain information, updates and/or offers from us via text communications. If you provide us with your mobile number in order to receive such communications, you can opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting STOP to in response to a text from us.
Updating or Deleting Information
The accuracy of the information we have about you is very important. To review, correct or delete your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to MDLA, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, MDLA cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the App and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your username and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the App is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your username or password has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Our App is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are 17 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 17 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 17, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 17 years of age or older.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES